Thread: Arachnoid Cyst
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 08:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishDave View Post
Hi Merl1n,
I share your horrendous headaches. Mine are chronic Cluster Headaches I try to describe as having a white-hot railroad spike boring into my brain, from the top behind my left eye. Lasting 45 mins to 3 hours, and with meds still get 8-10 a week now. It's a definite 15 on any pain scale.
Most sufferers are restless and pace, I don't have that option due to my limitations - I lay, desperately trying not to punch through my eye, claw my brain out and smear it over the wall to get relief. Sorry if that's graphic, but that's how it gets.
I am glad you have a team that recognises your cyst causes problems - I'm very sorry you have to deal with those problems, and more.

Dave.
Hi Dave, Pain is just such fun, NOT. I try not to give my headaches a label. The dr's have told me allsorts from migraine to cluster to stress to hypochondria. And each has its own treatment, depending on the dr's recommendations. Last week I went to see another dr who gave yet another diagnosis for my continuing headaches. They now want me to go see a psychologist, like talking about it is going to relieve the pain. They all have ideas but nobody is treating the cause, they are all treating the symptom, the headache. I have to follow through with their ideas or I'm not following medical advice. I've been on all sorts of meds from painkillers, epilepsy meds, heart meds, psych drugs just to name a few and still they seem to have the idea its psychosomatic, 'cos they've fixed it' if this is fixed then I'm in trouble. So In my view giving my headaches a label, a type, gives me more pills and no answer. I want an answer. I'm sick of guesses, give me an answer. Something I can work with.
But the dr's are always right and we are just patients, they have done years of study, we just know ourselves. We don't have their knowledge, so how would we know 'something ain't right'. So shut up and listen to the dr.
Sorry that's very cynical I know, but that is the reality. Dr knows best. Well, no they don't. After many years of searching I have now found a GP who is investigating further, others have just given up. Too hard.
Merl1n
Merl1n is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote