View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi kdodrill,

I am sorry you are having this pain and other very unpleasant symptoms. I am in the dental field and I'm not sure I can help you but I have a few questions to ask if you don't mind answering.

What is the health of your teeth and gums? Have you ever had any extensive dental work, such as large fillings, crowns, root canals, or extractions, on either side of your mouth? Have you ever had orthodontia, braces on your teeth? Do you know if you clench or grind your teeth? Does your jaw feel tight or achey when you wake up in the morning? Does your jaw on either side click or feel tight when you open your mouth wide or yawn?

Have you ever had a head injury or whiplash?

Are you under a lot of stress?

Can you pinpoint when the episodes of sharp pain occur? Does the bruising feeling occur after an episode of pain or just on it's own? Does it happen more in the morning or more at night? After eating... stressing, relaxing....??

If you are comfortable disclosing more information, myself and perhaps some others here can try to help you.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdodrill View Post
New here. To give you a small history. I am a 42 year old female good health. Since June 2014 I get this ice pick pains on the right side of my head maybe a few inches from my ear. This has only happened about 7 times. They last any where from 1 to 5 minutes. While I have this pain I get dizzy, vision is blurry in both eyes, I am co inherent, once it is over I have to "get my bearings" back and then its like nothing happened. No more pain nothing.

Well now in the same spot of the ice pick pain for it always happened in the same spot I now get this pain that almost feels like it is bruising my head right there. It's not a stabbing pain put like someone is rubbing me really hard right there on my head. These only last a few seconds to minutes. But that is all it does.

I am starting to get a needle pricking feeling on my left cheek. It feels swollen but it's not, it's not red in color or nothing. Looks normal but feels like it is sun burnt.

I don't know what is going on. I have had an MRI and my doctor said it was fine. I am just having headaches. I have never had a head ache.

Some one please help me understand what is going on.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Enna70 (03-09-2015)