View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 01:56 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Hello everyone :)

New here but wanted to verify what I've read to make sure I'm understanding MS lesion locations correctly. MS lesions aren't normally found within the subcortical and pericallosal areas correct?

As a migraine sufferer they have found many brain lesions (never looked anywhere else for any though and automatically assume my lesions are from headaches) so many that my MRI report now reads heavy burden of white matter plaque within the periventricular, subcortical and pericallosal regions. But sadly my migraines aren't explaining away most of my issues.
For over a week my arm felt as if it was on fire, when I called my neuro he prescribed neurotin and within a week it finally stopped. I've had balance issues for about 5 years now, for my worst fall I received a broken jaw, the rest bumps and bruises (maybe a black eye or bloody lip here or there), randomly my hands or feet will feel tingly (as if they have just fell asleep) but all of it won't go away with normal shaking and wiggling like it normally would. Then there's this unbelievable tiredness. And I mean just totally drained... Very hard to explain how exhausted I feel. I'm also having problems with my memory, I can't find the words I want sometimes mid sentence or forgetting what I was doing while I was doing it. I've even got lost in town once. Before I started having alligator tears roll outta my eyes I came to the end of the road and knew where I was but I was absolutely terrified. (Mind ya I won't tell anyone about this so they don't think I've completely lost my mind even though I'm starting to wonder myself)

I live in a very small town and we only have 1 neurologist. I saw him for 5-7 years reported several of these things to him and simply kept being told it's nothing to worry about. I have recently started seeing a new neuro over a hour away. I'm very reluctant about talking to him also due to the same dismissive treatment I keep getting from others. So am I loosing my mind or could there be more going on it's just the pitiful Drs in my area dismissing me? Any info or thoughts would be helpful
LostOne76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (03-09-2015)