View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Confused 16 yr old just diagnosed with RSD..No help :(

Hello friends. I am the Mom of a 16 year old girl just diagnosed with RSD, 3 weeks ago. I am beyond frustrated and so scared! I live in the Midwest, and so far I have mixed messages and nobody seems to know for sure what I should be doing. I have read many things (conflicting) I have called the research center in Florida, I am talking to a Neurologist that diagnosed her, but admits she knows little about the disease. My daughter injured her right hand 2 years ago playing softball, we went to 9 doctors over a 2 year period before getting to where we are now. The pain has moved from her right hand, to her elbow, to her shoulder, and now she complains of headaches, and eye pain only in her right eye, with some blurring. Her hand turns a bluish color occasionally and swells some. I just got off the phone with the Neurologists PA, the Dr. tells me that the eye pain and pain in her head are not associated with the RSD. How can this be?? It's only on the right side of her head..as all other pain is on the right side. I have read that early diagnosis and treatment is beneficial..what treatment? What should I be doing?? Please help me.. I feel so alone and scared. I want to help my child, but I don't know what to do, or who to turn to. She is currently only using a pain medication rub that seems to help the pain some. We are talking about putting her on an antidepressant for the nerve pain. What can I do to slow progression?
Patmama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote