View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member
Default 12 months PCS update

Thought I would provide an update almost 12 months after the right side of my head slammed the concrete from a bad fall. I might have LOC (loss of consciousness for a few seconds, however I was certainly dizzy after i got up). I was in REAL BAD SHAPE.

Initial symptoms were AWFUL. Unable to do anything except be very depressed and very sad all of the time.

The 6 month mark saw some changes however it was not until the 9 month mark that things finally saw a bit of light.

Now almost 1 year later I'm still not my old self however i'm gradually getting better. The PRO's are i can work out without problems for 30 minutes, am able to socialize, go to grocery stores, and be out at restaurants and even bars without too much strain.

The Negatives are I still suffer from immense Insomnia which might be causing a lot of fatigue for me.

Another negative is I got persistent Tinnitus in my right ear and have some times a bit of head pressure on the right side. I believe that the Tinnitus has NOT resolved itself because I've been unable to get any sort of QUALITY sleep the past 12 months. Another thought is I might have injured by auditory nerve.

I feel that now at 12 months my permanent, life long deficits will be bothersome tinnitus and likely lack of energy. Maybe one I can get my old energy back however I'm sure that won't happen because I have Tinnitus which keeps me up at night and Tinnitus is a permanent PCS symptom meaning once you have Tinnitus it will never go away.

In any case there is my update. 12 months feeling better however STILL NOT great.
martin82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote