View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 10:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Shoes

My favorite subject here and there is no easy answer. I have so many different shoe attempts. Yes you need a size larger than your normal size. Not 2 or 3 sizes larger. For the toes and top of your foot but your foot should fit somewhat snug. I recommend orthotics to keep your feet formed correctly so you don't develop other issues. If they are too hard your podiatrist should be able to attach a gortex pad to them. I have more numbness than pain but it's a similar situation. I wear flip flops around the house. When socks are an issue I just wear liners. They are very light and wick moisture. I now have a box at the end of my bed under the sheets with an open end so my feet are never irritated by the covers at night. Some podiatrists swear by expensive running shoes. However you have to do whats right for you. I have a cheep pair of casual dress shoes that are comfortable and not too hard. Again I would consider the orthotics. There are also stores that sell diabetic shoes. They tend to be ugly but they have a high top. My right foot is worse than the left and this year I had a bought with planter fashiitis. I started to wear a foot brace (support) that helped.
Stillfighting is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-10-2015)