View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi all, new to the group. A little background severely broken right fibula and ankle back in 2000 have had 2 surgeries to repair the damage, ended up with a screw inside my right ankle to hold it in place and a plate and screws down the fibula to re-aline it. Due to a 6 month span between surgeries (stupid idiot doctor) i suffered quite a bit of nerve, tendon,and muscle damage to the outer portion of my lower right leg. Now 15 yrs later I am suffering with tremendous amounts of pain on a daily basis. After months (since November ) of going from doctor to doctor trying to get answers I'm finally told I most likely have CRPS. Yea I did the double take and the you've got to be kidding me, this is just some made up crap right?............. well needless to say I went home and did my research and whoa! Now I'm scared. So everything fits the swelling and tenderness and redish purple spots. So while on my journey to this diagnosis I also discover through a bone scan that i have a fracture in the heel of my left foot. Yes I'm devistated, I have a 19 month old lil girl that I stay home with and here I am can barely walk. I already suffer from major depression and anxiety and this really doesn't help, added to that everyone thinks I'm making all this up. All I can do is say really? Do you see my leg, ankle, and foot? Do you see how swollen they are? Do you see the red and purple patches? Do you see the tears running down my face as I try to walk? But still no one helps, they still remind me how much I need to be outside running around with my daughter, or taking her to the park. Ugh I just break down at that point. I start going to the pain clinic next week but it's my understanding that once the skin has tightened there isn't much chance of going back. Plus the doctors around here treat me like the plague due to me being obese (on a bariatric surgery waiting list) and on state assistance. Yep I've had 2 count em 2 orthopedic doctors send me walking out of their offices refusing to treat the fractured foot. Sorry if I'm sounding really sarcastic or just rude, I'm honestly not trying to be either. I can only take my meds at night so when you combine pain meds with anxiety, depression, anti-inflammatory, and migraine meds I get numb. Minus the pain that is still there. So anyone here living with CRPS and young kids. How do you cope?
carolinarose79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote