View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 10:45 AM

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

Location: Somewhere in the Finger Lakes Region of Central NY State
10 yr Member

As long as folks are giving shoe reports, I thought Id throw this in:

Ive never gone thru as many shoes, trying to find comfortable ones, since I came down with PN. I have pain, somewhat controlled by the drugs, and some numbness, but nothing is totally numb. I stumbled on the Asics (brand) Contend 2 (model), which is about the cheapest shoe Asics makes. (List for $60 but can be had cheaper) The white part of the sole is of a softer, spongier material than their more expensive model shoes, and there isn't any gel in the forefoot of this shoe. The models with gel in the forefoot aren't comfortable for me. They feel like a lump behind my toes, but my feet already think there is a lump there. LOL. I read a review on these shoes, that the reviewer said they felt like pillows on his feet, & I have to agree. They don't feel so pillowy after you get used to them, but they are about the best I've found. They didn't require any break in, for me, and are made mostly of mesh. I'll continue to buy them as long as they make them. Too frustrating for me to keep searching. They come in a few colors, too.
groucho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-10-2015)