View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 01:13 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default These shoes were made for walking ...

Hi Jeff
Understand your problem - has taken me ages to find shoes. I live rural, in a small country, so my options are limited (yes I could order online but with my feet I really need to try before I buy). I agree with Susanne C. about shoes not making much difference to the burning - it's a case of finding ones that don't add to the problem and are comfortable. Like you I prefer leather over synthetic - leather breathes. Although I haven't got any myself, during my search I found a brand called Dr Comfort (I know they're available in US) they make for both men and women - casual, dress and athletic styles - although a limited range but a variety of sizes. A lot of people with arthritis use them. For athletic shoes I wear a men's New Balance or Avia - not perfect but I really only wear them for physio and again they were chosen for comfort (and price). Most comfortable shoes I've had were a pair of Stegmann sandals (German I think) leather with cork soles (similar to Birkenstocks), with fully adjustable straps. Stegmann make both men & womens. Has taken me 18 mths to find a suitable replacement as my feet deteriorate but recently got a brand called Taos - again adjustable straps but sole is leather over synthetic. So far so good. For the ladies following this thread there is a brand called Ziera from New Zealand (they only do women's shoes) but have a number of orthopedic styles. Quality is good - I have a pair of winter shoes that have lasted 5 years - plain black leather lace-ups - dull but practical and comfortable. Hope this is useful and good luck with your search.
bluesfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote