View Single Post
Old 03-10-2015, 08:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Right now I simply need to put my thoughts and feelings in a safe place and I felt this forum was the best choice.

Feb. 16, 2015 I was watching the news about a young couple in their early to mid 20s who were found dead in their home (no names given). For reasons I don't completely understand I blurted out a name of a person.

I found out a few days later from FB that the name I blurted out was who had passed away. Her and her husband were found dead of gun shots wounds. It was an accident for one of them and an inability to cope for the other one

Unrelated and unknown to the above family the young ladies dad was in the hospital in a coma and had been for approximately a week. Life support was pulled on Feb. 18, 2015. This family lost their mother/wife to a car accident about 10 years ago.

I had the privilege of knowing the young lady and her husband before they were even a couple. Both had very strong church back ground and went on missions trips. They were very involved with helping the youth and made quite an impact on those young and older who spoke with them.

Saturday March 7, 2015 was the Memorial Services for Holly 25 and her husband Erik 22. On Sunday March 8, was the Memorial service for Holly's father 50.

I don't claim to understand. I do believe, for whatever reason, it was their time and there was a reason for the timing.

This is difficult for me simply because I "take in" or "feel" the pain and grief others are experiencing. I am trying to make sense of the fact I knew it was Holly and Erik

On top of this -- On Friday Feb 27, 2015 my son had been rear ended on his way to work. His car is totaled, He is okay for which I thank the Lord.

Thank you for allowing me to express this.

Snoopy,
What you are experiencing is indeed , overwhelming.
I hope the feeling of relief from your son being spared injury from his accident becomes a larger feeling than the grief you are experiencing for this poor family.
Your are in my thoughts and prayers.
Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EnglishDave (03-11-2015), eva5667faliure (03-14-2015), ger715 (03-10-2015), Kitty (03-12-2015), Lara (03-11-2015), Snoopy (03-11-2015)