View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 02:53 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou1978 View Post
Hi there,

Just with regards to the skin biopsy, when I arrived at the hospital I too was expecting them to do it at 3 sites as this is what I had read.

I questioned this when they proceeded with the biopsy, they told me they do not need to do this. I told them about the non lenght dependent thing and they just dismissed it. I don't think they do they do the 3 sites in the uK.

Mine showed that my nerves were re-generating too much, which was in keeping with neuroinflammation or an autoimmune disease. He also noted it had been seen after chemo, or medication. Mine could be caused by metronidazole. I am still under investigations.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Lou Lou

Thanks Lou Lou. I think mine might have been caused by the combination of Methotrexate and Hydroxichloraquine over a few years as nothjng has flagged up to say it's immune mediated or part of my RA.

How many punch biopsies were done on you in the end - just the one? Hopei haven't offended my GP by querying but I don't want to have bits gauged out as just a tick boxing exercise! I'm really hoping that after two years it has all just gone away suddenly now as third night of not having to wake and spray hands and feet with magnesium oil to cool down! Or alternatively maybe the B12 tablets are at last doing something?

Thanks for your help.

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases

Last edited by MAT52; 03-11-2015 at 03:56 AM.
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote