View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 03:36 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I can so relate to just about all you say. 6 years ago I had a major car accident, it took them 4 hours to cut me out as basically the car was wraped around me. The day before I played squash as I did at least 3 times a week. Since then I havent played squash nor climbed much due to balance condition then failing hips all of which I believe the crash was the catalyst. So from a v fit active and at times nutter im now me. I got married a few years ago and was well traumatised when I saw me moving about on video. I was old disabled and a shadow of the man a few years earlier, belive me I went into a dark lonely pit,
now yup I get annoyed and angry with frustration, but suddenly alk about me has so much more. Eg I drove every where now im a passenger and see so much more than I saw zooming from A to B, Recently took a long train journey I would have driven before. Had the best time met some really interesting people on the train, Can I stil be me yup still gave my seat up to a lady and her young child she said noooo at first as she saw me get on with my adapted walk I just said I have been giving up seats for 40 years and not going to stop now.
So my message is adapt notice things you missed before, what makes us grow is our need to grow and improve yup we have lost a lot but there is a whole world of new things out there to explore
Legin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AliM (03-13-2015), visioniosiv (04-21-2015)