View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 07:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

You can find horror stories about any procedure out there, but the majority of people do just fine with the lip biopsy. Mine was simply numbing the lip, minor cut and removal of several glands (5-8---they are VERY small), and then a suture to close the wound...done. Maybe all of 20-30 minutes total...taking my history took longer then the procedure.

I was given an antibiotic (oral surgery does have a high risk of infection) for just a couple days as a precaution. I had NO days of soup and smoothies, as I could eat just fine. The first few days it was a bit sore, but nothing horrible and required no pain peds, etc. I didn't need it, but many find using ice packs helpful to reduce any discomfort and head of any swelling.

I did end up with a small bump at the site, and it is permanent, as is some very minor numbness at this site. But in no way does it affect my ability to talk, eat, drink, etc. I was told this is common. It's just something I've gotten used to and it is not bothersome at all.

I thought the procedure was easy and it ended up being positive, so provided me some much needed answers.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote