View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 02:05 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Swimtime,

I agree flare would not be good for recovery. There should be enough gentle exercise and other things he can do to utilize the time. PT time can include manual therapy on his foot which would great if someone is certified for that. They work on gently manipulating the bones in the foot and ankle. I had this done and it was not uncomfortable and helped worked through some of the kinks of my foot adjusting to mechanical changes. PT was able to justify it for billing. They can also do some ultrasound to the area for five minutes. Add in a little time on an exercise bike, doing the Baps Board for range of motion and time pulling a towel with his toes and he should hit 40 minutes without it being all weight bearing. You do have to push a little from time to know what the limits are, but use common sense. If it's causing pain when you do it the tissue is not happy and you don't know what the later payback will be. I think he will have an idea of what he can do when he starts. He's gotta listen to that foot and PT's gotta listen to him.

Good luck and tell Matthew I said to keep up the good work and don't let anyone push him around. He'll get there just fine. I'm sure they have figured out how to take care of the documentation. Not every one rehabs at the same or a predictable rate.

Littlepaw,

Last edited by Littlepaw; 03-11-2015 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Addition
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote