Old 03-11-2015, 02:42 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Nema,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

How high do you get your heart rate ?

What effect does it have on your head aches ?

Do you have any other symptoms besides the head aches and eye issues ?
Hi Mark,

I aim to get my heart rate up to 130 or higher, but don't always manage to reach that as my heart rate doesn't increase much unless I'm working pretty hard. The goal is to get exercise but not to worsen any symptoms so will vary based on the person and day. It sometimes elevates my headaches a bit but the physical therapist and I think it's worth it since my headaches never go away. Generally, I think her recommendation is not to exercise to the point where it causes any symptoms. Exercise also helps me with stress relief so it's pretty helpful for me.

I also have anxiety, whether that's cause of the concussion or situations caused by the concussion I really can't say. My skin tingles a lot as well. I occasionally get bouts of insomnia, but melatonin is generally effective. The constant headaches are the worst, and the eye issues include over-converge, fourth nerve palsy, and light sensitivity, although I'm kinda losing track of the specifics as we're still in the process of figuring out what's going on.
Nema is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote