View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Similar Symptoms

Hi Bryanna,

I found this thread while looking up reasons for my recent symptoms. I am a 19 year old female and I just got two of my wisdom teeth (bottom ones) removed at my normal dentist on March 3rd 2015. They were impacted and causing me pain on the left side. It's been 8 days since extraction (which my dentist said went well) but I started to experience additional pain 3 days ago. I'm not sure of what is causing the pain, but it is affecting the first molar, not the molar next to the wisdom tooth but the one after. There is only pain on the left side, and that is also the side that was experiencing pain before extraction under the assumption that the wisdom tooth was damaging the neighboring teeth. The tooth that feels pain has been heavily worked on in the past and has 2 large metallic fillings. It has had history of cold sensitivity in the past but never to this extent.

The past two days the pain was on an off, mostly occurring when I ate or drank anything, but today it has been in constant pain, and is unbearable. I am scheduled for a post op check up in 3 days, but it would make me feel better if I could go to my dentist with some knowledge as to why I'm feeling pain.

here are the symptoms.
1. Throbbing and pain when blood rushes to head
2. constant dull aching pain
3. high sensitivity to both hot and cold
4. pain when chewing even when not chewing on the molars.
5. pain when pressure is applied

I have some ideas as to why it's hurting. I think there might be a fracture on the tooth which is causing the pain. I can see a hairline crack extending horizontally on the tooth, which seems abnormal for a tooth crack. I am not sure if it has always been there or just recently appeared after the surgery. Another theory is that there was nerve damage from the application of needles to numb the surrounding area. I needed quite a few.

I would just really like to know if these seem like likely causes for my pain or if there are any other reasons that I don't know of and what kind of treatments, if any, there are.

I really hope I don't need to go through another tooth extraction and that this is just a side effect from the wisdom tooth removal that will subside with time.

-Tab
Tabutts is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote