View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 05:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If you are using a product with DM in it? That will suppress some pain. I had a terrible bronchitis about 5+ yrs ago and had a terrible cough and was using a DM (dextromethorphan) product around the clock, and my feet totally stopped hurting. This drug is in most flu remedies, and is an isomer of the narcotic called levomorphan. Some studies have tried DM for pain...it works for some people and not others.
Thanks Mrs D but until today I only used Paracamol which I have been taking for headaches for many weeks now. This new one has the drug you mention as an active ingredient though. I am completely overwhelmed with this flu however - coughing so badly that my throat feels like it might bleed soon - can barely drink water without wincing - although I am doing so of course as dehydration not an option

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote