View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1984 View Post
I'm new here. I wanted some info on SCS, you know real people telling if it works. I'd appreciate more feedback if anyone can tell me if it would work. I mean who wants to walk around with an implant. I am going to continue with physical therapy but truthfully it hasn't helped much. Next step is SCS implant or spinal fusion. I'm tired of this. I haven't been able to work in a year and a half. Tired of the meds, tired of the weight gain, tired of my sex life being zilch, tired of feeling sorry for myself. A little help please!!! Thanks for listening to me moan.
jojo

Jojo,
I, myself, have not had an SCS implanted; but did do a trial for one. My Pain Management doctor did tell me there would probably still be a need for pain meds; but the amount I was taking would be lessened. The trial did not go well. I decided the SCS wasn't for me; but for many others it has made life improvements.

I did have L4-5 fusion/laminectomy over 8 years ago. Did help from permanent nerve damage; but did continue with pain. I am on around the clock pain meds. These meds do help me get thru each day.

I am sure there will be input from those who have had an SCS implanted. Wishing you soon experience less pain.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jojo1984 (03-18-2015)