View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthgirl View Post
I'm dreading it as I am already in so much pain, but they say its important to know if its sjogrens. I'm trying to plan how many days of smoothies and soups I will need and what to expect. Please tell me what your experience was.
I had a lip biopsy done at the Johns Hopkins Sjogrens Center two years ago. They numb the site and take several very tiny samples - all which took a matter of 10/15 minutes at most. I cannot recall what type of doctor she was.

The numbness lasts several hours similar to what happens after a dental procedure. You will not want to eat anything solid during that time so that you do not end up biting your lip without realizing it. By dinner time it had worn off and I was back to eating a normal diet. There was no residual numbness.

On a side note, my biopsy came back negative. I have since been diagnosed positively with Sjogrens based on repeated bloodwork results. Although considered the gold standard of Sjogrens diagnosis, the biopsy is not necessarily definitive since there are many variables that go into getting a accurate sample.
cat1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote