View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 08:47 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suev View Post
Welcome Monika!

I have never had muscle spasms with my MG. Some people say they get twitches with (too much) Mestinon. My symptoms were (and are) muscles that get fatigued with use - especially repetitive tasks. Then generalized weakness if I keep pushing it!

Lots of folks here with much experience. Glad you found the site. Does Mestinon help you?

Thank you for responding. I was just wondering if I can link those two together. Muscle spasms went away almost completely when I started having new symptoms like fatigue, muscles weakness. I take Mestinon 3 x a day 90mg. I don't always feel the same after taking it so I don't know if that's normal or not but I think it works. I sometimes feel like a "super woman" who can do all my daily tasks after Mestinon which of course wears of in few hours and sometimes I can hardly tell the difference in how I feel before and after taking Mestinon. This condition is so tricky and confusing. Doctor said my SFEMG was not perfect but not bad enough to make MG diagnosis just based on that one test that's why I'm hoping my bloodwork for MUSK will confirm MG or my Thymus CT will show something. In the meantime I started having problem with my left eye, sometimes usually in the evening my left eye is half closed and it looks much smaller and higher on my face comparing to the right eye. That's not just how I see myself in the mirror but also my family members ask me "what's wrong with your eye, are you tired?". I'm so happy I found this forum as I don't have anybody here to vent to. My husband listens to my complains and concerns but I don't think he takes this as seriously as I do.
plmonica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-13-2015)