Thread: Hove-a-round
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

You guys are a bunch of cashews

I've got a three-wheel scooter (Pride Victory). Piece of junk. Spent the first 12 months and over $1500 worth of insurance-covered repairs to get the dang thing working.

What I noticed -- I use paratransit to get around -- is that this thing is not set up to be transported. There's hooks in the front that are stable. But, there's nothing in the back. They hook on the lower part of my armrests. They've stripped 'em once. The armrests have loosened up already and it's only been a few months since they were replaced.

The paratransit driver was telling me that these things aren't made for transporting.

When I look at the Hoverround, that's what I think of. It looks cheap. I'd love to have something with a tighter turning radius -- especially when I get onto the elevator here. But, in terms of being able to transport the thing on paratransit, I can just tell, it would fall apart in no time.

I think they should make the people that sell these things spend 6 months using one to see what kinds of problems people really run into.

I'm still laughing about the satellite-signaling headlight that they call a 'headlight' on my scooter. Doesn't light the ground at all. I had to strap flashlights on the bottom of my basket so I could go out at night.

Barb

PS: I would love to be able to "hover" over those non-existent curb-cuts. I'm really tempted to lug along a piece of 2x4 so I can sort of slalom over the dang things
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote