Thread: neck injury
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 11:56 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
The muscle problems come from upper neck injuries where C-1 and C-2 have been traumatically caused to get out of position. Any traumatic force against the skull will have an effect on the neck. When the upper neck is injured, it become inflamed and the muscles can spasm causing head aches, etc.

Galaxy, I wonder if you have any upper neck injury because the mechanism of your injury, slamming your head against a concrete wall in anger, does not appear to have force against your head than could cause an upper neck injury. There would not have been a whiplash like force effecting your neck unless you were throwing your body against the wall. Just wondering ????
I am guessing it's my neck because
1. The moment my head came in contact with the wall I instantly had numbness in my limbs and right side of my face. So maybe this means nerve damage in neck? Just a guess

2. When my PT was moving the ultrasound therapy device on my upper neck muscles my tinnitus fluctuated like crazy and went up and down in volume like from 0 to 10 while relaxing those muscles. After the muscles got relaxed, the fluctuation reduced .

3. When I jump or move over a speed bump or a pothole while in a car, I feel some irritation or some nerve getting pinched deep inside my upper neck/base of the skull. My neck would feel traumatized and fatigued for several hours after the drive. I have regained the tolerance for mild to moderate bumps but a large bump still makes me feel uncomfortable somewhere below my skull.

4. While walking and ear plugs plugged in I hear some squeaky noises originating below my skull.

I am still not sure what's wrong and I may be totally wrong in my guesses. I just want to explore every possibility depending on where I feel the discomfort and it's neck right now. My PT has told me to get upper cervicel MRI . do you think its worth it and will show if any nerve is getting pinched ? He feels there is no misalignment but just to rule out. I am doing regular icing right now . the impact was really hard on the top right side of my head so I feel my neck definitely absorbed some of it

I , otherwise don't have any pain on pressing hard on trigger points in my upper neck and no visible inflammation in neck muscles. So I'm just confused

Last edited by Galaxy1012; 03-12-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Galaxy1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote