Thread: Hi everyone :)
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 04:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I know it's a pain dickering around with the thyroid meds but IF you end up with no answers at the end of this it may be worh looking at again. I understand, I had my thyroid crash after the birth of my son too, he is now 14. It was identified pretty early because I was so exhausted and not enjoying anything I thought I had post-partum depression! Lucky for me my PCP thought to check it. TSH was crazy high. It took a long time to settle everything out and I ended up on cytomel and levoxyl. cytomel was added after I still felt bad but with "perfect numbers". So the numbers can be deceiving, there can still be adjustments that make a difference for the sensitive. I noticed I feel better on one brand than another after levoxyl went off the market and I had to switch to synthroid. Same dose, better response. Who knew? Some people swear by Armour and others don't tolerate the ratio at all. Others don't do well on the minute differences in generics which are allowed a slight range over brand. It can just be inherently difficult to manage a med measured in micrograms! Hang in there and feel better soon.
Littlepaw
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Zubes (03-13-2015)