View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,

Thank you so much for responding.

To answer your questions about my upper jaw, the osteomyelitis was caused by two root canals in my right upper maxilla.

The hardware is still there, I guess the position of my head was a bit different when the scan was done.

All of the healthcare people that missed the infection in my mandible, from my dentists to the radiologist that read my ct scans have tried to minimize what is going on in my jaw and the extend of the infection. Not one of them has ever acknowledged that they failed to diagnose the infection for years.

My attitude has always been what do I need to do to fix this. Knowing that the infection was present in my mandible for a long time I was concerned about bacteria resistance and the condition of my jawbone.
All of them told me once the tooth was gone the infection would be gone as well, like it was no big deal. Now that I am still having problems they are not being helpful.

I did question the oral surgeon about the extend of the infection and asked him about debriding the socket. He told me that the infection would come out with the tooth.

I am in the process now of trying to find someone to help me. Sometimes I just don't know what to do. It is very hard to live with this pain.
jojo23 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote