View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Coming off a benzo...PLEASE ADVISE!

I'm so happy that I found this informative web site. I recently c/t off of taking 5 mg of Valium on 1-1-2015 (which I used as a sleep aide). I am feeling better however I know that I need to start taking some vitamins for my brain since my Gaba is re-attaching and my Glutamate is cutting back. I have been exercising for the past 23 years, and I eat very healthy. I've been on a low carb, low sugar, low fat diet for years and I am in very good shape. My Vitamin D count was 38 in December. I am currently taking a Vitamin D oil (2 drops a day). I would like to get some information what is the best Omega 3 vitamin to take? There are so many brands it's all so overwhelming. I also know that I need to start taking B-12 and B-50 and Calcium with Magnesium. Can you please recommend some brands? Please keep in mind that my CNS is very fragile at this point and I need to start slowly and experiment. It's amazing that nobody really knows all about the withdrawal symptoms and the terrible side effects that one can experience when coming off a benzo. Even the psch doctors do not know the proper information. I did read that taking magnesium before bed time can help with sleep, however when I tried one 150 mg two weeks ago I felt sick. I know that magnesium effects the GABA. Any information that you might have would be so helpful. THANK YOU!!
Always Frantastic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote