View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 09:15 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Pained,

I agree with you that the use of Sargenti paste and others like it are toxic and capable of causing or contributing to severe health problems. However, these chemicals do not have to be literally pushed through the tooth into the bone (as in an overfill) for them to be toxic to the patient. Irrelevant of what is done to the tooth, the tooth remains in intimate contact with the surrounding ligaments, blood vessels and bone. What occurs within the tooth eventually affects all that it is connected to it and because the toxins filter through the blood stream, the potential for systemic consequences is likely. The intention of using toxic chemicals that never dissipate is to continuously kill off live nerve tissue and embalm the tooth. However in doing so, common sense should tell us that these chemicals are not capable of differentiating between what is live in the tooth and what is live around the tooth. Thus, when the material moves into the jaw bone, the jaw bone dies.

You are truly misinformed about the root canal procedure being something that if done "correctly", the outcome is systemically benign. Just because there are millions of them being done, does not make them harmless. There are millions of people smoking cigarettes, does that make smoking a healthy habit?

Aside from the toxic chemicals that are used during a root canal, the procedure itself warrants the tooth NON VITAL which in of itself causes and contributes to a host of other complications.... osteomyelitis is just one of them. All living organisms of the body require vitality to function properly and remain healthy. The systemic consequences of dead organisms is eventual death of other live organisms.

The dental industry wants to continue to market root canal therapy for 2 main reasons. One is financial gain and two is for those people who <<unknowingly>> choose to retain their infected teeth. The written literature about the physical health risks associated with root canaled teeth are for the most part only available to dental professionals. When you hear from a friend or are advised by a dentist about a failed root canal or you hear the term osteomyeltitis of the jaw bone associated with the use of sargenti paste, you are only being informed of a smidgeon of the real problem.

I hope you continue your research on this topic so you can become informed more clearly about the anatomical reasons why root canal therapy and retainment of non vital teeth are equally risky to your health.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by pained View Post
This post is about a friend of mine who I met while we were both on line trying to diagnose our dental problems. She and I both had sargenti paste used on us. She had 2 root canals with that material used on her and that was/is the source of her problems that continue today. It is not simply a root canal that caused her problem....thousands of root canals are done daily in the world that few people have problems with....many never need to be repeated. This lady's problem was that the sargenti paste (formaldehyde) was overfilled and the formaldehyde set up the infection that continued to spread and worsen because her dentist never told her what he used on her. To this day, she continues to have chronic osteomyelitis that is wreaking havoc on her jaw. Minus the sargenti (and to a lesser extent, the overfill), she would not be having this problem today. I suspect that many root canals that continue to cause long term problems are done using materials such as Sargenti, Russian Red, and God knows what else is out there. These dentists don't tell their patients and if the patient finds out, they hush them up with a malpractice settlement. It is these types of issues that give root canals a bad reputation. Granted there are many that fail but the vast majority done correctly and with state of the art/non-toxic materials don't fail and last for decades with out further problems. There is an NBC report on this case at www.sargentipaste.org. She did not find out that this was sargenti until long after this post was written. In order to view the video, you have to use a windows computer. for some reason it does not run on smart devices or the Apple OS...don't know why.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote