View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 11:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimtime View Post
Thanks! How is mirror therapy done with CRPS in the foot? I've seen a video of it being used for the hand, but it was a special mirror box of some kind. Do you just stand in front of a regular mirror? And how long does it take to start translating into better use of the affected limb?
While I was seated, my therapist placed a full-length mirror in between my legs with the reflecting side facing my good foot. As I did exercises with my good right foot, looking in the mirror tricked my mind in to thinking I was looking at my bad left foot and not a reflection of my good right foot. I would do strength and flexibility exercises with my right foot to the point of fatigue - and my left foot, while held perfectly still the entire time, began to feel fatigued as well. And, of course, there was NO PAIN felt in my left foot even though it felt as if it had experienced the same exercises as my right. I underwent several treatments over the course of a few weeks. This was accompanied by massage, pain meds and sympathetic nerve blocks, so I think the combination is what helped.
SkyDiversMom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
swimtime (03-16-2015)