View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 01:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile SHOES Shoes shoes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomilehigh View Post
I'm new to this board and I need help. I suffer from the severe foot pain. I recently when to see a new Podiatrist, the 6th in the last 15 years and he said I needed a different pair of shoes.

The last Podiatrist I saw told me that all leather Brooks shoes were best neuropathy shoe for me. He said I needed to get them 2 to 3 times larger in size (13 1/2) the toe box and get a 4EEE width. I've spent hundreds of dollars and tried many different shoes over the years and none have really helped ease the burning pain I feel in my feet if I wear them any length of time but the Brooks shoe has been better than some of the others I've tried.

The new Podiatrist said the Brooks shoes I was wearing were to big and that I should buy a new pair of a shorter length but keep the same width size. He recommended Aztec's but I couldn't find any all leather sneakers or dress shoes on the web that I think would work for me.

It seems like every new Podiatrist I've seen has a different theory on shoes and how to manage the pain symptoms. It's very frustrating that there isn't a common standard Podiatrist's can recommend for shoes. I understand that opinions vary on relieving pain symptoms but on shoes there should be more of a consensus.

So my question here is what shoes do you wear? I'm open to any suggestions. I do much better wearing all leather shoes. I've tried different shoes that have mesh material on the top or sides and found they don't take long to start making my feet burn. So I'd eliminate them from consideration.

I'm so desperate to get a shoe that works better for me. The Brooks shoe has been better than some but there must be better ones. Please don't post links for shoes, trust me I've looked all over the web at just about every shoe made. What I want is good advice from people that suffer from neuropathy and can give me real world information on the shoes that have worked for them.

I understand that anyone that makes a suggestion is only that and I don't hold anyone accountable for the choice I make because after all it is my choice.

Thanks... Jeff
Dang - had lots of answers for you and then I realized you are a man! I have had the best luck with Softwalk shoes for dress shoes but when my feet were REALLY bad in the beginning I wore Pedors - they are pretty ugly, but no seams at all and they protect your feet from the elements so it was a God send for me. Previously I was in slippers for two years - this company makes shoes for both sexes. A new shoe I found is from Aravon- which is a New Balance company. If you sign up with Zappos you can get overnight shipping to your home free and free shipping back - this works for me as trying on shoes at a store is very painful, at home you can do it at your leisure. I always try the two widest sizes and I order a size bigger too. Best of luck!
tinaanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote