View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Banned User

10 yr Member
Banned User

10 yr Member

Hypercusis should fade with time.

Yes I have been to an ENT. Normal audiogram however it appears my outer hair cells don't respond to a distortion product otoacoustic emissions test.

So the damage was done between my hair cells and auditory nerve. I'm doubtful this will resolve.

I previously had Tinnitus on rare occurrences however nothing like this.
I think concussions/brain injuries on temporal sides will activate it.

Some people think nothing of it. However I'm 100% that head injury tinnitus is a different league than noise induced Tinnitus.

I'll keep everyone updated and likewise I hope you do the same.

Have a good weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Martin, have you seen an ENT?

I don't have tinnitus but I have really bad hyperacusis recently. I've always been somewhat sound sensitive, but never anything this bad. I've been hunting down an ENT here who doesn't charge over my rebate but it's difficult to find one. I was watching tv last night and the Au govt gives free hearing tests apparently and the company mentioned some device that sits in the ear and helps cut out certain frequencies... well, that's what I took away from the advertising. I also get migraines and have vertigo so I figured I should get to an ENT to get checked because this sound situation is driving me crazy at times.

At this bottom of this website there are strategies for adapting to life with tinnitus.
Not sure if this is of any help to you or not, but just thought I'd post. It's Au site.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/b...itus_explained
Scroll down to where it begins Management of Tinnitus
martin82 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (03-13-2015)