View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:23 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Trophy

Totally, gives a sense of control when everything seems to be out of your control. I dealt with things like that for 4-5 months. Initially I studied everything II possibly could to the point I would make myself sick, then I tracked orders of equipment 10-20 times a day. Then trying to change my vision back to normal by concentrating, cleaning came next all really weird things for me, taping untaping hockey sticks.

I started listening to Tich Nhat Hahn audiobooks on mindfulness, and Eckhart Tolle, seemed to help me. Though I still struggle, its hard enough to focus a brain injured mind dealing with emotional troubles, cognitive trouble headaches etc etc, but if you can give yourself a break by "being present" in the moment even for an hour or two it comes as a huge relief.

Some things are just out of our control, easier to accept some days than other, but on those days I find it easier to cope. Anxiety sucks. Never have I ever felt like that in my life and I now have so much sympathy for anyone dealing with it for any reason, I hope it gets better for you I am sure it will. Keep your head up
MVTBI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote