View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 05:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Need Opinions - To Go Or Not...

My husband's family had planned a family ski trip planned before my surgery was scheduled. Now I am trying to figure out whether or not I should go (I won't of course ski ☺️). I also have two Dr appointments on Tuesday after that weekend that require driving (driving means riding in the car).

My surgery was 2/26 and I am having good days and some really bad days. (HORRIBLE shooting/stabbing pain down my forearm and into my wrist; sometimes it feels like my scapula is sticking out and when I try to lean or lay back it is very uncomfortable/painful; lots of tightness and pain along the front of my armpit (pec?)). Plus, today was my last dosage of Valium as a muscle relaxant and I am worried how things will go with out it.

The trip is to Creste Butte and we would drive (4 1/2hrs) there Saturday night, then drive (5 1/2 hrs) to Fort Collins on Monday for my first dr's appointment on Tuesday, followed by a drive home (2 1/2hrs) with a stop at my second Dr's appointment in Denver. That would be around 12hrs in the car over four days.

The other option would be for my family to come up to visit me while my husband goes on the trip. Since they live in Fort Collins, I would just go back with them and they would get me to my appointments, my husband meeting us in Denver on Tuesday.

I am just wanting to know what others' thoughts are. Has anyone had any experience with car travel after a first rib/

All opinions are appreciated.

P.S. Has anyone else had this forearm/wrist pain?

THANK YOU!!!!
Kristine
Teeners is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote