View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I have a very severe case of TOS (as many here do.)

I am bedridden most of the time with high, high pain. I think often of suicide, but don't do it because of my children. But my quality of life is nil. (28 docs seen. I currently see regularly 2 docs, may include 2 more.)

I had surgery in my 4th (end of third) year of TOS. Rib removal, some scalene.

I got the relief of less, almost no headaches after constant, horrid headaches.

I got the relief of almost all hand color changes gone, as well as a general beneficial feeling that my circulation had improved and I no longer had a "brain swelling" feeling.

That was all, however. I still have horrific pain at least 5 days out of a week. I still am bedridden, have paralysis of legs, arms on regular intervals and I'm totally dependent upon my family and/or home aide.

I am not cured. I don't believe I will ever be cured or go back to any employment. I was an attorney - a very good trial attorney who had switched to a very (long hours) heavy computer attorney job during the last four years. I do have an admitted work comp claim.

Every TOS is slightly or greatly different. The outcomes are different.

You've got to keep fighting, trying new therapies and seeking a better quality of life. Why? Because I know there are people who love you. We owe them.

(Just my opinion.)

God bless you and keep you safe during this surgery and you know I'll be prayin' for you whether you want it or not! haha. Check back in with us as soon as you're able, but stay off the computer as I believe it caused my illness - perhaps someone could post for you? Try to heal as carefully as possible. Be selfish.

tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote