View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 09:52 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Annie, I'm extremely overwhelmed with this disease. For somebody who was always on the run and master in multitasking the diagnosis of MG sounds almost like a death sentence. That's how I feel right now but I hope it's because it's new and I will adjust to it. They started IVIG last night right after I got admitted but had to stop after 1 hour because I got extreme headache, shivers and nausea. Today they medicated me with Tylenol, Benadryl and lots of fluids for hydration before giving IVIG so I don't get the side effects and I was fine. Also when I got bad reaction they were running the IV at 80. Today they started at 24, increased to 50, then 2 more increases I don't remember what numbers but ended up at 100. I asked what's the max number they can increase it to and was told 180. Will be getting second infusion tomorrow but it shouldn't be done sooner than 24 hours after starting the first one correct? So if I started 3 pm today and finished at 9 pm then tomorrow I should start 3 pm again, right? As far as discharging me home my neuro said often patients start the treatment in the hospital and finish last 2 or 3 at home but she doesn't think it's a good idea in my case. She prefers to keep me here. As far as going home I will probably take steroids but my question is how long can you take steroids for? They have a lot of side effects so I would prefer not to take it at all and take different meds in addition to Mestinon if there are any available that will work their magic and bust my immune system.
plmonica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-14-2015)