View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 10:54 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Yes, you should have it at the same time. Veteran MGers might not have to do that.

I totally agree with your neuro. You should be in the hospital for the entire treatment, because this is your first one AND you are still in the middle of a MG crisis.

I was on a one month taper of steroids after my MG crisis. Everyone reacts differently and you might be okay with a faster taper or might need a longer one. I specifically asked for a lower dose and a slow taper over one month. Steroids make me nuts (steroid psychosis), so I didn't want to be on them longer than I had to be, but I also didn't want to have a return of crisis symptoms.

What is the maintenance dose they have thought about putting you on? Sometimes they go too high to begin with, after IV Solu-Medrol.

Long-term steroid use is, IMO, dumb. There are so many side effects that you end up with more than the one problem you began with!

If you can use other treatments such as immunosuppressants or IVIG, that's a better way to go. But, and however, it's your body and your life and you need to decide with your neuro what is right for you!

Please don't be overwhelmed! The most important thing right now is to just get through this MG crisis. There are many people who live a fairly normal life with MG. There are those of us who don't. Some people have drug-induced remission and others are drug-free.

Adapting your lifestyle is as important as any drugs you might take. Having support from family and friends helps, too.

And now that you know what happens when you push MG, I doubt you'll do that again!

Sure, there's a lot to learn about MG and it's really not a fun disease, but you can get through it!

Keep asking questions. People here are great and have many varied experiences to share!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imdan (03-15-2015), juliejayne (03-16-2015), plmonica (03-16-2015), suev (03-16-2015)