View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 04:53 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi all. I first posted here back in the summer. Wanted to follow up and find out if I should rule out B12 now

Long story short during the summer I started getting weird tingling feelings in my legs coupled with some lightheadedness. Wasnt dizzy but was just feeling out of it as though I was sick. Went to Doc, they did a blood test and my B12 was in the low 300's. Never had a blood test before so no idea how long it has been low(Im in my early 30s)

Anyways, back in August I started doing weekly shots of b12 for a month followed by one more in September. I coupled that with taking jarrow vitamin tablets first thing in the morning a half hour before eating. I started feeling better although not completely back to normal. The tingling disappeared as did the lightheadedness but was replaced with weird muscle twitching that would happen a few times a day but in random places... sometimes legs, back, face, anywhere I use a muscle. which I assumed was my nerves regrowing.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving and I started noticing the muscle twitching more often and the tingling returned even though I had continued the morning b12 vitamins. Decided to start the shots again. Had one in early Dec, then early Jan, then early Feb. This time the sensations no longer got better. In fact they've gotten worse. Muscle twitching happens frequently throughout the day. Will get the tingling feeling in legs, feet, and hand somewhat often. And the lightheadedness has returned. Went back to my Doc who ran another blood test. B12 was through the roof. I think she thinks Im overblowing all of this. Went to a neurologist, who I think read the notes from my Doc, so he kind of gave me the "you're crazy look" as well. He signed me up for an MRI on my neck and back to be on the safe side although he doesnt think I have MS or b12 problems.

At this point though, can I rule out low B12 as the issue? I've been taking one vitamin a day since beginning of August so 7 months now. Plus I had a bunch of shots in Aug, Sept, and then one in Dec, Jan, and Feb. Symptoms went away but then have come back and are worse. I've read on here how long it can take for some people to recover but I was only experiencing symptoms for 2-3 months before I started taking vitamins. I guess in theory I could have been low for a very long time and didnt realize it but again I would have thought I would be feeling better now if it really was B12.

Thanks for any answers, I appreciate it!
flback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Malia (03-16-2015), MelodyL (03-15-2015)