Thread: RFTC injection
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 07:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you I thought the pain was in my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I underwent a radiofrequency procedure years ago and it made my hypersensitivity much, much worse, and it never decreased. They are not commonly offered anymore. I would discourage anyone from undergoing this procedure and really question why your doc is still performing them.

"RADIOFREQUENCY SYMPATHECTOMY

The most traumatic of all invasive treatments is Radiofrequency Sympathectomy (nerve ablation and block). It is done with a heat generating Radiofrequency electrode causing a boiling hot temperature at the target area which coagulates, destroys and kills the nerve fibers and nerve cells.

Because the Radiofrequency damage causes high temperature in the adjacent areas of the target, it also destroys the adjacent normal nerves causing a much larger lesion and scar formation with spread and aggravation of pain in a permanent fashion.

In CRPS the sympathetic system is dysfunctional rather than simply being hyperactive. The longer the disease is left untreated and the more surgical scars, the more dysfunctional the sympathetic system becomes. This is the reason for practically 100% failure of treating CRPS with sympathectomy, radiofrequency, and chemical sympathectomy with phenol, alcohol, etc."
I told him I had the procedure years ago and it did not help. He said that they had a new technique that works for relief up to 6 months. The day after everything seemed a lot better, and for the first week I thought it was going to work now these breakthrough episodes are getting more intense and closer together. Is that the nerve regenerating or the scarring you mention.I think this is the 3rd RFTC I have had done. I wish I would have asked about this before but they always make me feel that if I don't try everything they want to do I don't want to get better. That I am just there for the drugs that don't work anyway. I am tired of all this my friends think I am nuts my family is scared of me etc.etc. Everyone who has this crap goes through the same thing. I really appreciate your post. I am scared to tell him it did not work. I think he will throw me out. My last pain Doctor did a epidural block that hit the spinal cord giving me a headache that landed me in the hospital for 7 days. When I get out he says I had a bad reaction to the procedure and would have to find a new Doctor. I am scared to tell them what works and what hurts.Thank you for the article it helped and thank you for taking time to let me know more about this disease.You would think after 15 years I would know more.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
duramjames is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote