Thread: RFTC injection
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 10:37 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

I had my RF procedure shortly after being diagnosed and it was described as if it was another stellate ganglion block that would just have longer lasting results. The doc ran the most esteemed pain clinic in my county. I've read that they do seem to work for those with issues like back pain.

My doc refused to acknowledge that it made me worse. Even though: I had a hard time even being driving by someone else and when we'd hit a pothole it was agony. I couldn't be in the car when someone else closed their door. Issues with fabric and wind got 10x worse. I could no longer watch commercial tv due to the flashing lights and loud sounds. My pt actually called my primary doc for me because it scared her how bad I had gotten in a short time, and that that they seemed to not be treating me with any urgency whatsoever.

Whenever I met new docs during consultations--at least six over the span of about two years, they all claimed it couldn't have made me worse, and that it was a coincidence. (Or they gave me the condescending "Is she malingering?" look.) And now that I think about it, it started out feeling like an electrical current was in my limb and the pain kept escalating, and the hypersensitivity kept increasing. My insomnia got insanely bad. I was referred to a pain psych doc and I tried out several meds at the time.

A few years later I met a doc I stayed with for several years. And he acknowledged that the procedure could do what I said and that the other doc should not have performed it. THEN I ran across Hooshmand's explanation, where I got my second confirmation.

It is difficult to find a doc willing to write scripts for certain meds, but if he's still performing RF procedures on RSD/CRPS patients, you have to question if he's remotely keeping up with newer treatments and medication options? You might want to see if you can find a better doc. If you start a thread asking for a referral to a doc in your neck of the woods, you might find you have better options available.

Welcome to NT, btw!
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Littlepaw (03-16-2015)