View Single Post
Old 06-14-2007, 12:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Shelley,
I'm sorry to hear about this...

Hmmm, it reminds me of when Dr Ellis talks on his website about a book , "The Sensitive Nervous System"

Dr Ellis told me I need to wear gloves in the cold. I really try to not let my neck get cold also as it seems to cause muscle spasms.

I think people with tos have very sensitive nervous systems that are very easily overstressed.

I wonder what your finger temperature was when you finished your walk. Peter Edgelow talks about using a temperature probe taped on the finger.

When the temperature of your finger drops that indicates that you are getting stressed and you should stop immediately.

Your situation reminds me of when I get my teeth cleaned.

The dental hygienist was the same one I have had for years. When she started cleaning my teeth (when I first got tos )
I started shaking, tears rolled down my cheeks (but I wasn't crying) I was sooo embarrassed. The dentist peeked around the corner to see what was going on.They had to stop the cleaning.

I asked Dr Saxton what was going on. She said that my nervous system was in overdrive and the little bit of extra stress just pushed me over the edge.

She recommended that I take Valium 10 mg before the cleaning. When I get my teeth cleaned I take the Valium an hour before and I don't have that problem anymore.
ocgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote