Thread: RFTC injection
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 08:49 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi and Welcome to the forum,

I am so so sorry to hear what is happening with you. I fall in the 'have a nerve injury from surgical procedure' category and can really identify with how badly doctors can mess us up. Then of course we have to find others who can help us. So tedious and frustrating.

On your procedure - check with the doctors office and find out it if was "pulsed" or traditional. Pulsed radiofrequency is a "newer" technique and maybe, hopefully is what they meant when they said a new technique. The 6 month relief window makes me think that may be the case. There is a big difference in how high the tissue is heated and how far around the probe the heat goes. If your doctor used pulsed radiofrequency it causes much less damage to adjacent tissue and to the nerve tissue itself which is why it is not a "permanent" treatment. It may be that right now you have bruised aggravated nerve that will hopefully calm down. Do they have you on any neuro modulating drugs? This might be a good time for something like neurontin or a TCA if you are not already on one of those or a good time to temporarily up the dose until things can settle.

I know this is a totally unrelated procedure but after my revision nerve surgery I had an unhappy nerve that for a few weeks would go into a paroxysm of pain spontaneously and then just quit. I had periodic episodes like that for a while and then it stopped. I am hoping for you this is a similar sort of aggravation that will resolve. I remember well how frightening and uncomfortable it was.

I am sending Healing Love your way and pray you find relief soon
Littlepaw

Last edited by Littlepaw; 03-16-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Addition
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (03-16-2015)