View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 12:26 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thank you Mark, I did not know about not drinking about a head injury, I will make sure that I do not drink for a while. I actually just asked a nurse and she told me that unless I have blurry vision, strong headache or vomit I shouldn't worry much about it and just rest for a couple days and not overwork my brain, which makes sense since I am having a hard time getting one single task done.
Thanks for the advice, if my headache does not go away in a couple of days I will get a doctors appointment or go to an Urgent Care Clinic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
sandrarh,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Your inebriation makes any recommendation difficult. The cut on your head does not help with a concussion diagnosis. The fact you threw up could be a concussion or it could be from the alcohol.

It does not sound like a trip to the ER is needed but an Urgent Care Clinic visit might be worthwhile.

In the mean time, you need to stop drinking. Alcohol and concussions do not mix. You may be able to resume drinking in a month or two but there is a likelihood you will be more sensitive to the effects of alcohol. Most doctors will say to stay away from alcohol after a head injury.
sandrarh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote