View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 02:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle77 View Post
I have congenital TOS but I didn't find out until recently. I was training to be a yoga instructor when I became incapacitated by pain after a day of doing a particularly large amount of downward dogs. After a lot of tests my doctor found that I have TOS and the yoga exacerbated the problem.

My doctor has told me that I'll never be able to do yoga again. I'm not ready to give up my dream of being an instructor though. Is there anyone out there with congenital TOS that has been able to do yoga? Has anyone been able to do other kinds of fitness like pilates or dance? I'm normally a very active person and the thought of not being able to get back to my fitness regimen is killing me.
I have found it so difficult to find an exercise class that doesn't aggravate my symptoms, so I walk a lot. Maybe if you think outside the box you could create and teach an exercise routine for people with TOS and other chronic pain. I think there is really a market there. I would love to go to a class where I could exercise and stretch and the teacher would understand when I chose not to do something, rather than calling me out in front of the class.
Concussion and whiplash from getting hit by a semi truck. After partial recovery was on the receiving end of 3 concussions in a year. Two were within six weeks of each other. Master's degree teacher now on disability with limited lifestyle, trying to count my blessings

Eugene, Oregon
lyndianne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote