View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 07:22 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Overwhelmed with multiple health issues

I hardly know where to start, and that is part of the problem. I have had multiple health and neurological issues, I think one causing the other in most cases. For instance, I had a stroke many years ago, and scar tissue later caused seizures. This stroke was probably caused by a congenital heart defect, an atrial septal defect, which is basically a hole in the heart that never closed all the way like it is supposed to after birth. That condition is now "fixed" thru a minor surgery, a patch put on my heart fed thru a vein in my upper leg, tho that led to other problems. I now get a racing heart occasionally, which I didn't used to have. Also, because of my stroke, (and probable TIAs), which was misdiagnosed for many years as MS, I am now quite sedentary, and now have pulmonary embolism and pleurisy, and I'm currently on oxygen. And because a lot of my health conditions began so early, I have had a lot of doctors not take me seriously, (tho conditions proven later) which added to already existing depression. I also have diabetes, high blood pressure, essential tremor, asthma, and a benign pituitary gland tumor, GERD, IBS, and high cholesterol. I know, I can hardly believe I have all that myself.
All I know is that I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
MeBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-17-2015), ger715 (03-19-2015), Lara (03-16-2015)