View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 08:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeBee View Post
All I know is that I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Hi MeBee, I am up late surfing Neurotalk as I really enjoy being on here reading posts whilst not thinking about my own health issues. I reside in the peripheral neuropathy corner usually but wanted to just say hi and respond to your message. Your list of problems is long and I understand why you would be further depressed by the treatment or lack of acknowledgment and support from doctors. I can't relate to your specific conditions but want you to know that so many people I know through my health issues and from reading on here have had so many problems with acknowledgment and support from doctors. I always grew up and spent the early part of adulthood believing doctors would always do everything they could do help everyone but I know now its not true and its quite a shock to the system to realise that for me.
I can't offer any words of advice but I can feel for you and can understand why you must be peed off. I don't know which of your conditions can be treated with medications / therapy and how well these help. For depression, I have had experience with this due to health problems and other general challenges that have come my way and found that going on anti depressants for a few years helped me immensely. After six weeks of starting I actually looked at the sky and thought it was beuatiful and felt that way about nature and lots of things thereafter. Not in a doped way, just a heightened sense of calm and appreciation. I came off them to try have a child and I found that difficult for a while. I think as I have autoimmunity problems I am really sensitive to side affects of SSRI's. I also can't take them anymore now due to intensification of side effects and instead find talking to someone helps loads. I find it is the best money ever spent talking to someone now and again and I will happily say to anyone who thinks anything negative about 'therapy' that it is the best thing anyone can do for their mental well being (where the cause itself cannot be removed). I whinge on about being unwell and feeling sad about illness and any other things that bother me for an hour and then come away feeling much better. Poor therapist listening to me say the same thing again and again!
JoannaP79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Darlene (03-17-2015), EnglishDave (03-17-2015), ger715 (03-19-2015), Lara (03-16-2015), MeBee (03-17-2015)