Guillain barre syndrome can come
To those with viral infections. Please
Demand testing for this. My friend had
This years ago in the spring following
A flu. Numbness moving up the legs and
Involving breathing are typical progression
Symptoms. Nudge your doctors again.
Mrs D - thanks so much. Heres my nudge!

Dear (GP) - emailing because I have no voice at all now and anyway (my son) just texted to tell me the surgery phones are not working today.

You asked me what I thought might be wrong last night. But I couldn't think - just knew something didn't feel right at all. Everyone tells me this is just flu so I suppose it must be. Last had flu over four years ago and didn't have all this bother but then my RA symptoms first started 3 weeks later.

But somewhere in back of my mind my present symptoms have been nagging at me so when I was up in the night with cough (antibiotics now underway with increase of codeine!) I checked out neuro symptoms and found it again.

I know I should have told you but instead could only think randomly of my childhood experience of whooping cough. Blame post Flu fog!

The not breathing thing which has me waking every few hours now in trembling panic (feels like I'm falling off a cliff and my heart seems to stop) - plus the numbness in my legs and pelvic floor (lack of sensation when I wee) and today around my mouth and face - could they possibly be Guillain barre syndrome?

I genuinely wasn't thinking of this when you asked but had read up months ago re the lumbar puncture so I guess it was in my mind somewhere. There now I've said it.

Probably just boring post flu with the chest infection, Temporomandibular thingy and laryngitis and pulled neck muscle.

But the numbness in my feet and legs and feeling that my heart is stopping when I sleep makes me think it's worth mentioning just in case it's relevant. Obviously really hoping not!
Warm regards,
(Mat)

Sjögren’s, Hashimoto’s and Systemic Sclerosis with Raynaud’s, Erythromelagia and small fibre polyneuropathy, GI problems top to tail, degenerative disc disease and possible additional autoimmune diseases
MAT52 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-17-2015), zkrp01 (03-17-2015)