View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 12:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Too many factors to say how you will do, but let me give you a synopsis of my two EMGs.

In 2012 I had one done in the fall. It was after ~year of burning, tingling and zapping started in my ankles, rather, it was one of the first places that made my body go a bit ape.

The jolts were more jarring thsn painful. I was offered breaks between measures, but wanted to continue.

After my primary got the results diabetic neuropathy was the conclusion.

I had an EMG/NCSdone last year by a neurologist who is treating me now. The results were similar. The test left me sore for a few days. Pretty darn sore. I'm not sure if it is due to being worsening conditions, how I felt that day or what, but I was sweating. It hurt this time.

It was enough to make me agree with my current primary- we know what you have. I question whether there is more than a diabetic component, as massive positive change has been met with exacerbation, but so it goes.

You are searching for that. This is a tool that can help you sort that out. Results do vary.

Welcome. Sorry for what brings you here, though you are in a great place for knowledge and support.

my best,

Jon
KnowNothingJon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Sky22guy (03-18-2015)