View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 08:55 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Post Job applications and disclosures about absence. Help!?

Hi guys,

So I have seen a huge improvement over the past 3 weeks to the point where I feel like I can think again. I have been off work since 24th November where I had a road traffic accident where the other party was at fault (driving on the wrong side of the road round a blind corner).

I am due to finally return to work on a phased return in 3 weeks and am hoping this is successful. However, I am only on a one year contract at my current job which ends end of August.

My question is this: I have to write a personal statement for all job applications for teaching jobs. I am assuming I have to mention the fact that I have been absent from my current job for that amount of time? But I have no idea how to put it in words in my statement?

What do I say? something simple like "unfortunately I sustained a head injury in a road traffic accident and was absent from xxxx to xxxx but have now successfully returned to work and enthusiastic to continue my career in teaching" ?

As well as this I am a newly qualified teacher and therefore have not and will not manage to finish my qualified teacher status this year as I have not been there long enough. How do I state that I will be an NQT until february half term at any new post? Or do I just let them work it out for themselves?

Have googled this so much and found no help at all. Thought it was worth a shot on here as i'm sure others have had to apply for things and had to mention it somehow?

Any help would be really appreciated guys! Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Dizzy_teacher is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote