Thread: GP Appointment
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 06:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsygirl72 View Post
My GP whom I have been with all my life is concerned. He said he has seen tremors like this before but never with this rapid onset. He took me off prevastatin (high cholesterol drug) and told me to keep taking the soma since it mellows the spasms.

He called the neuro and they are going to fit me in next Thurs. they are going to call today with a time.

I got my release to work from home!! it has to go through HR but there has been a lot of talk already so I may get setup later today or tomorrow morning!! I'm excited to at least have half my life back

What or do any of you know about dystonia?
This anecdote only pertains to dystonia--not Parkinson's.

A few years back when I was just starting in neurofeedback, I had an opportunity to speak to a woman with dystonia that got progressively worse, to the point where she flew to Texas to have the muscles in her eyelids removed so they wouldn't clamp her eyes shut. She had flown to Loma Linda for a consult, at which point their only option was deep brain stimulation.

Out of desperation, she consulted with an acupuncturist who first tried acupuncture needles. After a few weeks, when that approach was unsuccessful, he tried a neurofeedback protocol from Margaret Ayers which stimulates a region at the base of the skull, just below where typical EEG sensors are placed. After a week, her muscles started to loosen, and after several months, she was no longer using a walker. When I spoke to her on the phone, she was training for a marathon.

Obviously, her results aren't typical, but I thought I would share it with you. I can find the Ayers protocol online if you have a neurofeedback therapist near you, if both of you would be willing to experiment with it.

Jonathan
curem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote