View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 09:04 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Lyrica withdrawal

Hi everyone,

I signed up especially after finding this thread a couple of weeks ago.

I have taken 25mg Baclofen (AM & PM) and 25mg Endep/amitryptaline (PM) since 2000 for supraorbital neuralgia and migraines after a boating accident 20 years ago (apart from 2008-2011 when I went off to have kids).

I was getting increasing neuralgia pain and migraines about 18 months ago so neurologist prescribed 75mg of Lyrica AM and PM. The Lyrica worked for the migraine. I felt achy and a bit fuzzy when I went on the Lyrica, but figured that was mostly because I was tired had three little kids. The muscle ache and fog have gotten worse. The migraines are at a frequency and intensity level the same as before I started taking Lyrica. Feeling very incapacitated and my brain is mush, to the extent that I can't work and I'm finding it hard to do very much of anything. Apathetic and unmotivated. I've had every test under the sun done by my GP and all they could suggest was depression or chronic fatigue Then from somewhere in my sludge of a brain I remembered reading about these side effects before I took Lyrica.

A lot of reading has found me here. Hooray! Kinda.

Big thanks to everyone who has posted before - and Doc Smith **

I can't see my neuro for another month and I am desperate to start tapering before then. I've read the disclaimers... but I'm going ahead.

I'm 12 days in and my plan is to decrease by 12.5% every 10 days. So at the moment, I'm taking 37.5mg AM and 75mg PM. I'm doing this by emptying the capsule into 40g of water and taking half of this AM (was taking 3/4 in the first 10 days). I'm going to do this for the PM doses next, to keep it evenly dosed up in my system. So after 30 days I'll be on 37.5mg AM and PM. Then I'll step it down again from there.

So far not too bad. Yesterday when I went from 3/4 of the 75mg to 1/2 it did feel like a painful day, but not too bad in comparison today. Certainly none of the more drastic withdrawal symptoms that I've read about on here (which definitely makes me want to err on the side of caution, as desperately as I want to get rid of this stuff).

I'll let you know how I go.

Danjia

Last edited by Chemar; 03-19-2015 at 06:37 AM. Reason: ** Dr Smith is not a moderator here, nor a doctor. His user name is from a TV show "Lost in Space"
Danjia is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-19-2015), Kitty (03-19-2015)