View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 12:02 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Wow! I can't express what a difference all of your responses have made for me, at least psychologically! Just knowing somebody cared, and for a total stranger at that, lifted me tremendously. I would have responded sooner, but, ironically, I was dealing with a major migraine (and kidney infection). Sorry Dave, I'm afraid even that body part of mine isn't in good shape (the kidneys). In fact, I can't think of a major organ that hasn't had some problems. I'll try to see if I can think of some other obscure part to offer for our little auction. Sorry to hear you are battling cancer (amongst other things). It sounds like you have been thru the ringer yourself.
And I think all of you have about the right idea about what all of this does psychologically and depression wise. I have had severe depression problems off and on throughout most of my life (but I believe mostly situational, as I have had some extraordinary situations to deal with), and, this (the physical health) of course, doesn't help. Right now I'm between therapists as I had the second one in a year and a half retire. I'm in an income bracket where I don't qualify for subsidized therapy and my insurance only covers a few sessions a year, nor can I afford it totally on my own, but still, I can't afford to keep spiraling downhill as my other health has been doing. I am going to be looking for a new therapist, no question, I just decided. As for antidepressants, I also can't take them because of the side effects. For support, I did join a depression forum awhile ago, but really felt like I didn't fit in there, because most of my depression is health related. Well, thanks for listening again. Hope to see all of you around in the different threads (even the peripheral neuropathy).
MeBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-19-2015)