View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 06:39 AM
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Newly Joined

8 yr Member
Default Hello-Desperate for help

Hi everyone - tired of going back and forth between doctors without finding results, so looking out for some help here.

For the past 3 years, ive had extreme facial pain, most notably from the bridge of my nose to the middle. The discomfort is all along the bone, or what seems like inside my sinus walls. Pain actually may be a wrong word to use - the feeling is almost like how a pulled muscle feels, very "tight" feeling in my nose and almost as if there is a steel plate nailed to my face. The discomfort does cause anxiety and senses of "being outside of myself" and not necessarily panic attacks.

I had balloon sinuplasty 3 years ago to open of nasal passages to breath, but as much as it sounds like a sinus problem it's not. I've had 2 more CT scans of sinus since, MRi of my brain and and Eeg other in the past 3 months. Nothing is wrong whatsoever. My Neuro had me taking Pamelor 10 mg then increased up to 20 after 2 weeks. I saw maybe 5% improvement from that but started waking up in the middle of the night trying to catch my breath with feelings that my heart has stopped. I also take .50 Xanax on occasion, maybe once a week if that if the pain is bad at night. Also take Clarinex d for allergies.

Have been crazy the past few years googling symptoms and the closest thing seems to be trigeminal neuralgia but my Neuro quickly ruled that out.

Since my Neuro tests checked out ok, can it stem from my heart, or maybe sleep? Or is it in fact just anxiety causing the issue? If it is, anyone with similar problems take anything besides Pamelor or cymbalta to help?

Background on myself, mid-30s, married, kid on the way, very good shape, eat healthy, run about 30 miles a week.

Thank you all for listening, any help is greatly appreciated!
Tmcgills is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote